Maximize portability. Minimize maintenance.
Temporary steel barriers from Barrier Systems provide easy-to-move solutions that enhance safety for short-term or temporary work zones, bridge decks or repair areas where barrier deployments and lane movements are frequent. ArmorGuard and Orion steel barriers have gone through rigorous testing and meet NCHRP 350 TL-3 testing criteria.
ArmorGuard Temporary Barrier
NCHRP 350 acceptance
This movable steel barrier provides high portability and low deflection for short work zone durations without ground anchoring. The ArmorGuard barrier can be quickly and easily opened and positioned without requiring electricity or heavy equipment. Each section is 8.5 m (28’) long and can be moved longitudinally with a pickup truck or laterally by forklift, front loader, pickup truck or even by hand. Sections can also be attached or joined in combination with portable concrete barriers to create controlled access gates.
- Quick and easy deployment
- Can be moved laterally or longitudinally to optimize traffic flow and work zone space
- Meets NCHRP 350 TL-2 and TL-3 test criteria
- High mobility provides flexibility
- Low deflection premium mobile steel barrier
- Pneumatic option for wheel activation available
- Rubber pads and wheels protect road surface during moves
- No special equipment required at work site
- No electrical / control systems required to operate
Orion Temporary Barrier
NCHRP 350 acceptance
The Orion Portable Steel Barrier has been engineered to be lightweight and provide excellent performance. It’s also easy to transport, easy to deploy and easy to repair—making it a strong alternative to portable concrete barriers. The unique design incorporates standard off-the-shelf components—like an 8-space, thrie-beam guardrail and standard w-beam guardrail connected to the steel frame—to create an NCHRP 350 TL-3 accepted longitudinal barrier.
- Available as a kit or system
- Up to 1150’ (350 m) can be deployed in one hour
- Only first and last Orion Sections need to be anchored*
- Only 460 mm (18”) wide which is ideal for narrow medians in construction zones
- Allows for a radius as low as 355 m (1165’)
- 84 m (6’) NCHRP 350 TL-3 Deflection (2000 kg, 25 degree, 100 km/h)
- Low deflection, “fully pinned” option available
- Up to 350 m (1150’) can be deployed in one hour
*950 mm permanent deflection can be achieved by anchoring each section to create an Orion Minimal Deflection System. Standard deflection is 1850 mm when only the first and last sections are anchored.
Browse products by safety standard.
At Lindsay, we are dedicated to providing durable, long-lasting products that put road safety first. Easily explore our range of leading crash cushions, end treatments and more by the top global safety standards.
Download the Lindsay Guide app.
Get a step-by-step guide to ensure installation teams have what they need to properly deploy Lindsay infrastructure solutions in the field. From high-quality video and audio prompts to a post-installation checklist, our app is designed to help contractors feel assured products are installed correctly. Available for Apple and Android devices.
Get in touch with Lindsay.
Have questions or interested in learning more about Barrier Systems road safety products? Our team of regional managers is here to help.