Specialty Barrier Systems
Prepared for all kinds of road hazards.
From increasing visibility to preparing for unforeseen accidents, Lindsay strives to keep every motorist and every road in mind when it comes to our safety solutions. That’s why the Barrier Systems specialty line includes gates for guardrail systems, a solution for unsafe poles and trees, and protection for curved roads and motorcyclists.
NCHRP 350 acceptance
A compact solution designed to shield utility poles or trees and reduce the severity of impacts from errant motorists. The RAPTOR System uses weather-resistant, energy-absorbing material surrounded by a UV-stabilized polyethylene and can be installed at many sites that do not have the space needed for a traditional impact attenuator. The RAPTOR 300 & 600 Systems meet NCHRP 350 TL-1 criteria as non-redirective impact attenuators.
- Easily expandable to fit multiple width hazards
- Meets NCHRP 350 TL-1 test criteria
- Reduces the severity of vehicle impacts into trees or utility poles
- Little to no debris scatter
- 300 mm (12”) & 600 mm (24”) sizes available based on hazard diameter
- Very fast and easy to install
- Fully recyclable
NCHRP 350 acceptance
The Safe-T-Curve Barrier is designed to be used in curved applications with a radius as low as 100’ (30m). These sites are typically where impacts are frequent or in hard to reach areas for maintenance crews. The high-visibility design helps motorists navigate tight curves and redirects motorists back to the roadway in the event of an impact. The system also utilizes low deflection to dissipate energy during an impact which requires minimal maintenance for resetting—creating a safer environment for road authorities and motorists alike.
- Reduced maintenance cost after an impact
- Greater visibility of curve for motorists to navigate
- Reduced worker exposure for repairs
- Reduced cost of repairs
- System safely redirects motorists back to roadway
- Easily reset after a design impact
- Meets NCHRP 350 TL-3 and EN1317-2 test criteria
- Minimal ground anchors required
DR-46 Motorcycle Barrier
NCHRP 350, MASH and EN 1317 acceptance
The DR-46 Motorcycle Barrier Attenuator (MBA) joins to standard roadside guardrails to greatly decrease the injury and fatality rates of motorcycle impact against road barriers without interfering with guardrail performance. It consists of an empty body made of plastic material (polyethylene) with a purposely calculated wave section that can partially redirect and absorb energy in the event of a crash. The DR-46 is also a physically flexible system that can follow radius curves as low as 25 m (82’).
- Significantly reduces injuries and fatalities to motorcyclists
- Attenuator absorbs energy and redirects the impacting motorcyclist by preventing the motorcyclist from impacting guardrail posts
- Bright yellow color acts as a warning to all motorists
- Allows for a curve radius as low as 25 m (82')
- Modular, easy to transport and easy to install
- Suitable for all steel guardrails that meet NCHRP 350, MASH and EN 1317 standards
Browse products by safety standard.
At Lindsay, we are dedicated to providing durable, long-lasting products that put road safety first. Easily explore our range of leading crash cushions, end treatments and more by the top global safety standards
Download the Lindsay Guide app.
Get a step-by-step guide to ensure installation teams have what they need to properly deploy Lindsay infrastructure solutions in the field. From high-quality video and audio prompts to a post-installation checklist, our app is designed to help contractors feel assured products are installed correctly. Available for Apple and Android devices.
Get in touch with Lindsay.
Have questions or interested in learning more about Barrier Systems road safety products? Our team of regional managers is here to help.