Lindsay's Approach to Environmental Stewardship
2 de nov. de 2020
Industry leaders never back down from challenges - they meet them head on. That’s always been our philosophy, and that’s how we’re approaching the significant global challenges that are confronting us - climate change, food insecurity, water scarcity and a rapidly growing population.
“We’re proud to be at the forefront of research, technology, innovation and the development of products and services that will sustain and protect our world,” said Alicia Pfeifer, senior director of corporate development and risk management. “All of us at Lindsay are driven by our mission to provide powerful irrigation, infrastructure and industrial technology solutions that conserve natural resources, enhance the quality of life for people and expand our world’s potential."
To deliver on our mission, we’ve put the focus on three key areas:
Environmental - In our irrigation business, we are developing water-saving technologies that help growers make the most of limited resources. On the infrastructure side, we focus on solutions that reduce emissions and provide positive protection to construction workers and citizens.
Social: We’re growing a healthy culture in which diversity is supported and employees are empowered. We work hard. We’re flexible. We celebrate one another.
Governance: We will always operate with integrity. In other words, we will do what’s right, not what’s easy.
While we’ve only scratched the surface of what’s possible, some notable accomplishments included in our 2019 Sustainability Report include:
- The FieldNET™ family of solutions has helped growers around the world save an estimated 100 billion gallons of water and 300 million kWh of energy.
- Our Road Zipper System™ is recognized as one of the most effective methods to mitigate traffic congestion and provide increased safety in construction work zones.
- We’ve reduced our overall energy consumption for three consecutive years - despite a 5 percent increase in total facility square footage.
- In FY2019, we celebrated three Lindsay locations that went 250 days without injuries - with two locations achieving the notable milestone of being injury-free for 365 days.
- We launched an employee, peer-to-peer recognition program, through which employees are encouraged to recognize their co-workers when they demonstrate behaviors and actions that align with our company’s core values.
- Our dedicated employees volunteer their time and talent to help a variety of nonprofit organizations in their communities. As a company, we increased our total giving by 178 percent from FY2018 to FY2019.
“As an employee, l have a tremendous amount of passion for making Lindsay a great corporate citizen. I want to work for a company that prioritizes safety as an expectation for all employees, that celebrates diversity and inclusion and that strives to minimize our global carbon footprint while helping growers produce more with less,” Pfeifer said.
Read our 2019 sustainability report here.